Meditation helps you achieve inner harmony. Meditation is important for detoxing because it reduces stress levels.
With regular practice mediation becomes second nature.
Key principles for meditation:
- A practitioner can show you how to achieve a meditative state, but you can teach yourself, if you are sufficiently disciplined.
- Choose a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- Regular practice, preferably the same time each day.
- An empty stomach.
- A comfortable position.
- A focus for the mind to help you to withdraw from your surroundings.
- Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight. Prefer to keep my eyes closed. Rest your hands in your lap.
- Breathe slowly and rhythmically, and try to stay as still as possible.
- Focus on the object of your meditation and allow your attention to be passive. If your mind starts to wander, acknowledge what is happening and then return to your focus.
- Continue for as long as comfortable – for a few minutes to start and then try to build up to 20 minutes per day.
- When you are ready, open your eyes, then take a minute to become fully aware of your surroundings.