Therapeutic massage is an ancient technique used to promote general well-being and enhance self-esteem, while boosting the circulatory and lymphatic systems and reducing tension. Performed regularly by an expert professional, it is a superb de-stressing and anti-ageing tool that will make you feel great.
Benefits of a massage
Massage improves the supply of oxygen and nutrients to body tissues, enhances skin tone, and increases the elimination of chemical wastes from the body.
- Effleurage (stroking) is a gentle action for all parts of the body to warm and relax the muscles and aid circulation.
- Kneading techniques stretch and tone muscles.
- Pétrissage is similar to kneading, but involves just using the thumbs and fingertips.
- Wringing, using the whole hand, is used on larger areas of the body.
- Percussion techniques, including tapotement, involve hacking with the sides of the hands to deliver short, sharp taps on the body.