Cereal grains are so hybridised that they contain too much gluten. Gluten is considered to be an irritating inflammatory substance that can burn the sensitive lining of the intestines. Products made from wheat seeds such as breads and pasta can cause our face to become puffy (this happens in my case). These products tend to make our skin pale and pasty in appearance.
Proposed Breakfast for beautiful skin:
- 2 cups of porridge made with steel cut oats ( not “ instant oats” as they shunt too much sugar into your bloodstream too fast, and make it with water not milk)
- 1 grated of chopped apple or a handful of berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, loganberries, blackberries – fresh or frozen)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons walnuts – preferably chopped but whole is OK (optional).
- 1 – 2 tablespoons almonds – preferable chopped (optional).
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed flaxseed added after the porridge has been removed from the stove.
- A dash of cinnamon (optional)